As you might know Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. This year my family came to my house. We had the usual. I made a huge bird. Then on Friday we invited some friends over for turkey and noodles. I made my own turkey stock. Tonight we are having turkey fajitas and tomorrow turkey BBQ. I usually make turkey and rice casserole and soup but my kids won’t eat them. So this year I tried something different. We might even have enough turkey BBQ left to make BBQ turkey pizza. I love it when I can make so much from one turkey.
I think it is funny when I do a search for recipes with leftover turkey they always give me these gross cheese loaded turkey casserole things. There are actually people that the only thing that they have ever done with turkey is -eat it on Thanksgiving and make sandwiches. You can do anything with turkey that you can do with chicken. I did find a recipe for some Chinese dish with turkey instead of chicken. My kids don’t really like Chinese food so that didn’t make the cut at our house. So what did you do for Thanksgiving? What sort of things do you make with your leftovers?
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment