Saturday, May 3, 2008

Meet Chewie

Ok I know it has only been a week since Cody died and for some people a year would be too soon. But we didn’t even wait a day. Stilgar needed a playmate Cody was sweet but she didn’t play much. Stilgar tried to play with Cody, and Cody did eventually stop growling at Stilgar but playing was pushing it. We had talked about getting another cat for about two months because it was clear that Stilgar needed a playmate, but we decided that Cody was already too with drawn to introduce another cat. So as soon as I stopped crying we went to the humane society and spent 2.5 hours with the cats.
We found Chewie. Chewie came home 24 hours later. He is a perfect fit. Stilgar was upset the first 36 hours or so but now they are playing and sleeping next to each other. Chewie is just what Stilgar needed and it turns out it has helped me with the sadness too. I am still not sleeping very well without Cody because she always slept with me but Chewie makes me smile.
Chewie about 1 year old and Stilgar is 1 year this month. Chewie was a stray that had been at Animal Control and then moved to the Human Society so his age is a guess. He has found that Cody’s green candy cane is awesome. We named Chewie for Chewbacca in the Star Wars movies. I love Star Wars- I wanted to name him Han Solo but my family didn’t like that. Chewie is a cuddly kitty he loves to be pet, held, pet, brushed, and pet. He is a talker and does not like to be alone. If the house gets too quiet he meows until you answer and then answers you with another meow. He is playful and runs as noisily as Stilgar now my kids and my cats sound like elephants.
If you want to see him I posted two new albums on my other blog . One album with a few pictures of Stilgar and another with Chewie. And yes-he is as soft as he looks.

No comments:

Blog Archive