Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Summer School
My summer class started on Monday. I am taking biology for non-science majors or as I like to call it biology for the scientifically impaired. It is the minimum that someone has deemed a person should know about biology and have a college degree. I also like to call this class a colossal waste of money. I will never remember any of these terms or ever use any of them in my life after school. I have no interest in cells or cell structure- I already know what I need to know about the reproductive system and the digestive system and the circulatory system to be a consumer of medicine. I also know that plants and animal are different. What else is there that I will ever need to know? And how will any of it make be a better business woman? Oh I know the argument it will make me a “well rounded student” and citizen if I have this information. Blah! I can buy that of health class in high school, but this is just a waste of my money. Besides I am already round enough. So this is how I will be spending my summer cramming my head with useless facts about the biological world. I will also be learning how to use the microscope-because that is so useful for the non-science majors. You often see a microscope on the desk of a business owner or manager.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment