So this week the tub suddenly stopped draining. Monday we forgot to get Liquid Plumber. Tuesday I remember the liquid plumber. It didn’t work. Wednesday we tried more Liquid Plumber and then some more. Then we bought a drain auger or snake. Thursday we snaked both the tub and the sink. Dear said he pulled out enough hair to build a small furry animal. The sink is draining much better. The tub stopped draining altogether. Dear gave up at 11:00pm and went to bed with water standing in the tub. UGH!!!
So I decided to try. First I broke the overflow plate. Then I tried snaking the drain the thing wouldn’t go. It wouldn’t go down the drain or the overflow drain. So I decide to find the other plunger. Then with one plunger over the overflow and the other over the drain I plunged and plunged and plunged finally the water slowly drained. By this time it was 12:40 am. I gave up. Today it was a team effort. Dear and I did the plunge together. The tub is draining faster than last night, but still not as well as it should. I think the next step is going to the basement and taking apart the drain.
At this point we are both convinced the reason it is not work is the cat had chase a toy down the drain. Chewie’s favorite toy is the ring that breaks off the milk jug when you open it. He loves to take it to the tub and bat it around in there. We don’t have an installed tub plug-just a rubber stopper, so it is not exactly that hard for him to chase the ring down the drain. We have decided that is the only explanation for the tub problem.
Anyway, wish me luck.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment