I’m tired and it is late. So why am I up writing to you? I am waiting for Fawn’s Basketball shirt to dry. She has a game in the morning. While I was waiting I have washed up for bed and watched the snow outside. Tonight is an eerie night. Fog is making everything look fuzzy and a light snow is sprinkling over everything. If it weren’t for the fog our neighborhood would look sweet like something you see in a painting with all the rooftops and grass dusted with a powdered sugar snow. It is just warm enough that street and the sidewalks are still clear. But the fog is creepy it is almost like the fog off a lake is some bad horror flick. I even check the doors. We wouldn’t want the creepy fog to get us.
So tomorrow (I guess today since it is after 12) is Valentine’s Day. I got Deer a dozen red roses. The first time he bought me flowers was Valentine’s Day 17 years ago. It was a dozen red roses. That is when I knew I could no long ignore is advances. Before that we were supposed to be just friends. I sort of knew he had feeling for me but I was hoping I was just crazy. I was recently out of a relationship and he was at the end of one. That is sort of a funny story but that guy and I are still friends so I won’t embarrass him on the net and Deer doesn’t think it is funny. Anyway Deer sent me these roses and I was so mad because we were friends and I had made it perfectly clear (or so I had thought) that I was not looking for romantic anything at that time in my life. Beside things with him would just be too confusing. I wanted to be friends. I loved spending time with him and romance and love just messed all that up.
After the roses and spending Valentine’s Day mad at my stupid friend who could not just let us just be friends, I started to look at my real feelings for him. I realized that if it had been any ordinary guy that I didn’t have feeling for I would have just blown it off. I would have just said that is too bad for him and moved on. But I couldn’t, I realized that I had just put him in the category of not for me because when we had met we had both been in relationships with other people. To my horror I was totally head over heels in love with this goof.
So I tell a girl friend what is going through my head and she says DUH! EVERYONE seems to know this but you. You idiot! She says I don’t think I have ever met two people so clearly attracted to one another than you two! But I am an idiot- I tell her it doesn’t matter I don’t want to be in relationship I don’t want to be “in love”.
Her response: Ok? If you say so.
I do. It is just plain stupid for us to even try dating.
HA! You have been dating him for 6 months.
I have not!
Ok ,not real dates but you are always together.
So, I like him- were friends- I spend more time with you than him. Are we dating?
No you’re not in love with me.
He doesn’t think we’re dating, does he? OMG! Does he think were dating and I think we’re friends? I am an idiot!
No, he doesn’t think that you think you’re dating.
What?
That is why he sent you the flowers, Dork. He is in your head.
See what I mean- I can't do this.
The next week he kissed me and I just couldn’t stop myself. I wanted to kiss those lips the rest of my life. Now we are married and we have two beautiful children and I get to kiss those lips the rest of my life.
So that is my Valentine’s story and the dryer is done. What is your story?
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment